Travel and vacation

EU, EEA States and contracting states 

With the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are entitled to receive medical services in case of illness in the countries of the European Union, EEA states, and in states with bilateral social security agreements.


In order to access medically necessary services in Turkey in case of illness, you will need a holiday health insurance certificate (Certificate of Entitlement to Benefits in Case of Temporary Stay).

Other countries 

You must first pay for medical services in countries where the EHIC is not accepted.

You can submit the paid bills for reimbursement according statutory provisions in Austria.