In insurance terms, we differentiate between personal pensions (the benefits an insured person is entitled to through their pension insurance) and surviving dependents’ pensions (the benefit that a deceased insured person’s dependents are entitled to).
Personal pensions in Austria
- Retirement pension
- Corridor pension
- Schwerarbeitspension (stressful working conditions pension: from 1 January 2007)
- Early entitlement to the retirement pension due to extensive insurance period - transitional provisions
- Invalidity pension
- Incapacity pension (employees/salaried personnel)
- Invalidity pension (workers/waged personnel)
- Disability pension (self-employed persons and farmers)
- Widow’s/widower’s pension
- Pension for dependents of insured persons
- Orphan’s pension
- The insured event occurs.
Insured events can take the form of: Invalidity, incapacity, old age and death or
- Compliance with the minimum eligibility period or
- Compliance with other requirements as long as these are specified for receipt of pension benefits.