Life certificate

If you are resident outside Austria, you will need to submit a life certificate to confirm that you are still alive to continue to receive your pension benefits.

The form will be sent you by your pension insurance provider. You must sign the form, have it attested by an Austrian consulate, a suitable authority in your country of residence or by a notary and then return it. If the completed form is not returned to your pension insurance provider within 6 weeks, payment of your benefits will be temporarily suspended. You must also report any change in your circumstances that could influence your pension entitlements and any change in your address within 2 weeks. You will be required to repay any benefits paid to you in error because you failed to meet notification deadlines.

Under certain circumstances, you may be exempted from this requirement. Please contact your pension insurance provider for more information.