The B-KUVG regulates the health and accident insurance cover of persons working in federal, state or municipal posts subject to Austrian public law and to certain persons working for these bodies under contract.
The B-KUVG also regulates the health insurance cover of persons who are in receipt of a pension or retirement benefit. There is no pension regulation for civil servants, as these persons have an automatic right to a retirement pension or benefit as a result of their occupation.
Provided with health and accident insurance are also:
- Persons employed in federal, state or municipal posts subject to Austrian public law
- Persons in government posts as a result of election or appointment (politicians)
- From 1 January 2004: all employees of universities
- Non-civil servants who commence working under contract for federal organisations from 31 December 1998
- Non-civil servants who commence working under contract for the Austrian states or municipalities from 31 December 2000
- Employees of the Versicherungsanstalt öffentlich Bediensteter (from 1 January 2004)
For more information, contact your statutory insurance provider.